April 20, 2019

What a journey!

Before you read today's review you probably want to catch up by reading my review of Volumes 1-3 of the Elfquest Archives

Elfquest Archives Volume 4 by Wendy & Richard Pini is the final book in the Grand Quest (original 24 issues of the series) which follows the Wolfriders as they make their way from their familiar home in the forest to find others of their kind. This book is the epic conclusion which sees our heroes meeting their last tribe of elves called the GoBacks who have been at war with the Trolls that live in the mountains. These Trolls are the final barrier between themselves and their ancestral home, The Palace. Those who have undertaken to read all these volumes finally see some big questions answered like why Two-Edge has both hindered and helped Cutter's tribe in their fight against their enemies and the biggest mystery of all is revealed: Why and how they reached this planet in the first place. Additionally, Leetah discovers that her powers while very powerful have severe consequences. (Up until this point her healing abilities have almost been like a Get out of Jail Free card so this is an interesting development.)

Also, a suspicion I've long held about a certain relationship was totally verified (at least I feel that it was and no arguing will sway me). I'm being purposefully vague because I don't want to spoil anything. 😈 Let's just say I giggled myself silly.

And I can't end this without showcasing some of Wendy's beautiful artwork. This is one of the reasons why this was such a fun series to read after all.





What's Up Next: Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon

What I'm Currently Reading: The Doll People by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin (pictures by Brian Selznick)

**If you're interested in buying this book or any books really, you can click here or here. The first will re-direct you to AbeBooks and the second will re-direct you to The Book Depository. These are great websites for purchasing books (AbeBooks carries inexpensive used and out-of-print books and The Book Depository ships free everywhere in the world). Full disclosure: I will receive a commission on all sales made by following either of these links. I wouldn't recommend a site that I didn't use and you are under no obligation to purchase anything. :-) **

No comments:

Post a Comment