April 7, 2012

I finished off Stardust on the train ride home from Manhattan and it just made me hungry for more!  I'd read Coraline and The Wolves in the Walls by Gaiman and I had assumed (that was my error) that this book would be written similarly.  Well...I was wrong.  The biggest difference is that the other two books are written for children while Stardust is most definitely for adults.  Figured that out a few pages in when there was a very graphic sex scene.  I say this because I don't want any of you guys following my blog to get a shock when you run out to read this book (run, readers, run).  However, I don't want this to deter you from this most excellent read.  It has everything: magic, love, adventure, and unicorns.  If you're in the mood for a quick fantasy read, then this is just the one for you!

On to the next book!  Full disclosure: I'm a Star Trek fan.  I generally prefer The Original Series (Kirk, Spock, Bones, etc) and I tend to stick to the books that fall within that universe.  I've read several (some written by William Shatner!) but there are SO many more out there to read.  I've decided to have a go at Star Trek: Cast No Shadow by James Swallow.  I'm not going to lie.  I picked up this book solely because Spock was on the cover.  That old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." just doesn't hold water with me. I'm forever grabbing stuff because it catches my eye.  This particular story seems to center around the Klingons and a disastrous occurrence on one of their moons.  This explosion seems to have cause a bit of a ruckus among the Klingons (hard to believe because they're so peace loving usually) and violence is on the horizon.  What's going to happen?  Will the United Federation of Planets be able to bring peace to the lands? Why is Spock on the cover?!  I can't wait to uncover the answers to these questions!!!

Read your way to awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment