January 1, 2019

2018 Book Roundup

Another year has gone by and it's now time to compile the list of books that I read in 2018. Like last year, some of these books haven't been reviewed yet so you'll need to keep an eye on the blog to see what I thought of them. I'm including rereads in my count once again because I want to be able to keep a running record (digitally) of everything I've read in a given year. Here we go!
  1. Einstein's Dreams
  2. The Killings at Badger's Drift
  3. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
  4. The Portable Nineteenth-Century African American Women Writers (longest read of the year)
  5. Quackery
  6. HiLo 4: Waking the Monsters
  7. Norse Mythology
  8. Rest in Pieces (one of my faves of 2018)
  9. I've Got This Round
  10. The Last Black Unicorn
  11. Gorillas in the Mist
  12. Citizen: An American Lyric
  13. From Here to Eternity
  14. Ghostland
  15. Fly on the Wall
  16. How to Love the Empty Air (one of my faves of 2018)
  17. The Murderer's Ape
  18. Golda Meir: A Strong, Determined Leader
  19. Yes Please (one of my faves of 2018 and best audiobook I've ever read)
  20. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (one of my faves of 2018)
  21. Grace & Style 
  22. Death of a Hollow Man
  23. Ghostbusters (movie tie-in)
  24. The World According to Mister Rogers
  25. Tiny Beautiful Things
  26. The American Way of Death Revisited (loved it so much I bought my own copy)
  27. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (one of my faves of 2018)
  28. Short
  29. The Royal Rabbits of London
  30. Nnewts
  31. Graveyeard Shakes
  32. The Intuitionist (one of my faves of 2018 - Great American Read list)
  33. The Bad Guys
  34. The Read-Aloud Handbook (necessity for Children's Librarians)
  35. The House with a Clock in Its Walls
  36. The Outsider 
  37. The Figure in the Shadows
  38. The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring
  39. One Step at a Time (picture book)
  40. Invisible Man
  41. Comics Squad: Recess
  42. CatStronauts: Space Station Situation
  43. Dear Madam President
  44. Condoleezza Rice: A Memoir of My Extraordinary Ordinary Family
  45. Recovery: Freedom from Addictions (one of my faves of 2018)
  46. The Recovering: Intoxication and its Aftermath
  47. Unruly Places
  48. When Breath Becomes Air
  49. Being Mortal
  50. The Science of Superheroes
  51. Only Human
  52. Founding Mothers
  53. Mary B. (one of my faves of 2018)
  54. The Ghost in the Mirror
  55. So Close to Being the Sh*t, Ya'll Don't Even Know
  56. CatStronauts: Robot Rescue (for some reason I didn't review this?!)
  57. El Deafo
  58. Cici's Journal: The Adventures of a Writer-In-Training
  59. Sunny Side Up
  60. 5 Worlds Book 1: The Sand Warrior
  61. Tucker Grizzwell's Worst Week Ever
  62. Peanuts: Volume Nine
  63. Star Trek Destiny #1: Gods of Night
  64. Robot Dreams
  65. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Vol. 1
  66. Star Trek Destiny #2: Mere Mortals
  67. The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity
  68. 5 Worlds Book 2: The Cobalt Prince
  69. Afterlife With Archie Vol. 1 
  70. Star Trek Destiny #3: Lost Souls
  71. Calypso
  72. An Absolutely Remarkable Thing 
  73. The Bear and the Nightingale
  74. ElfQuest Archives: Volume One
  75. The Compleet Molesworth 
  76. Space Dumplins
  77. Sanity & Tallulah
  78. The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying
  79. The Science of Supervillains
  80. ElfQuest Archives: Volume Two
  81. Tales from the Inner City 
  82. Dear Sister
And the reread books:
  1. The Neverending Story (every year)
  2. Pride & Prejudice (every year)
That brings our total count to: 84 books.

I decided to include the review links again (not sure why I keep torturing myself) for each of the titles but you can always use the search feature to look up any genre, subject, etc. to find your next book to kick off 2019. :-) Happy New Year!!

**If you're interested in buying any of these books or any books really, you can click here or here. The first will re-direct you to AbeBooks and the second will re-direct you to The Book Depository. These are great websites for purchasing books. Full disclosure: I will receive a commission on all sales made by following either of these links. I wouldn't recommend a site that I didn't use and you are under no obligation to purchase anything. :-) **

No comments:

Post a Comment