January 15, 2012

Enough of this seriousness!

FINALLY, I'm finished with The Emperor of All Maladies.  The book was fantastic but lengthy.  I don't recommend starting this book unless you have a lot of free time on your hands (and an interest in the intense subject matter that is cancer).  I DO recommend it if you're looking to gain insight into a disease that effects 1 in 2 people on this planet.

Of course, now that I've finished this book which covered such a serious topic I'm ready for something a little lighter.  I recently watched an episode of the Graham Norton Show and he had on a comedian named Jon Richardson.  This guy is so neurotic that he makes me feel normal.  He recently penned a book entitled It's Not Me, It's You which of course I immediately placed on my wish list.  Fortunately, I received it for Christmas and that's what I'm going to crack open next.  The book describes his quest to find his other half despite the fact that women are repelled by all of his eccentricities (and he is constantly disgusted by their complete lack of disregard for staying tidy).  I can't wait to deliver my take on it!

In the meantime, keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for something that is a little lighter, may I recomend "Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader". It is filled with many interesting a humerous stories about various topics. The cover is covered with plastic and designed to keep in your bathroom beside your toilet. So in a sense, your reading something lighter when your becoming lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I be regretting asking you to follow me, sir?

    ReplyDelete