April 28, 2012

HUZZAH!

Guess who just finished Let's Pretend This Never Happened?  If you guessed that it was me, you'd be correct. :-)  Although to be fair, that was a pretty easy question.  The harder question is this: Do I go back to Star Trek which frankly I'm not in the mood for at the moment but have already mentioned or do I choose something completely different?  It's a question I can't answer right now because I'm at work and away from my friends books right now.  So I guess I'll be leaving you on the edge of this cliff...

<twisting mustache in a villain-y sort of way>

EDIT: In all of the excitement, I forgot to give my review.  Oops?  Well, clearly I enjoyed the book and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys quirky humor.  What do I mean by quirky humor?  Well, the author tends to talk circles around subjects and spends a LOT of time cursing.  I found it easy to move past that as she is SO DARN HILARIOUS.  The chapter about explosive diarrhea might have been my favorite.  So if that sort of thing (and taxidermied animals) isn't your cup of tea, I'd stay away.  However, if you're looking for a read that is so funny you will literally laugh out loud, then this is it.

EDIT PART 2: I know what I'm reading next (because I've already started) and it's Abraham Lincon: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.  I chose this book for a couple of reasons: 1. Abraham Lincoln.  I have a weird fascination with him. 2. Vampires.  What more needs to be said?  3. It's been turned into a movie by Tim Burton and if you haven't seen the trailer click here.  I am VERY excited.  Hopefully, it won't take me long to get through it and I'll feel like giving Star Trek another whirl. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment