July 27, 2012

Well, I'm sure you've all heard of the book I just finished up: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.  It's written exactly like a journal of a young boy complete with cute cartoons.  It was an extremely quick read.  I read it in about an hour and a half today.  If you're looking for something light and funny, this book would definitely deliver.

I volunteer at the American Museum of Natural History and today I dropped by to get a look at the new Spiders Alive! exhibit which I'm going to be working in on Saturdays.  I picked up some label copy to familiarize myself with all of the spiders inside.  I read that on the train back home and if I could put that into a book for you all to read I would.  It was THAT good, ya'll.

Now onto the next delightfully named young adult book: Cut by Patricia McCormick.  Yep I'm pretty sure it's exactly what it sounds like.  I'll be sure to let you know for sure though!

Edit: I finished up Cut and I liked it.  Well, as much as you can like a book that is so painful.  However, it's good for young adults because these are definitely issues that they're facing.  It helps to read a realistic piece that doesn't hold back on sensitive topics.  It makes the reader (if they're going through the same things) feel as if they're not alone.  Well-written and a quick read.  I'd recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment