July 24, 2012

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman was excellent!  An interesting mix of fantasy and realistic fiction, The Graveyard Book, draws you into the story of Nobody Owens and his life in a graveyard among ghosts, ghouls, and a mysterious guardian.  From the first pages, the book is full of action and intrigue.  There's more to this story than just fantasy, however, as the protagonist grows and matures with every page turn propelling the reader on a journey of self discovery.  And the illustrations!!  (I should also mention the illustrations for M is for Magic were also magnificent.)  I urge you to go out and read this book ASAP.

Next on the agenda is a term paper on Gaiman and these works so I'll update later when I know which book I'm reading next.

2 comments:

  1. Great to know! I love me some Stardust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaiman is amazing! I've started reading Neverwhere (but it's kind of on the back burner) and I'm contemplating trying his Sandman series (graphic novels aren't really my thing). :o)

      Delete