August 28, 2012

This is most definitely an adult book!

Word to the wise, if you're looking for a book to read aloud to the kids at night then Water for Elephants is NOT the book for you.  However, if you're looking for a book that will take you into the world of circuses when they were in their heyday then this IS the book for you.  Oh and there's romance (with racy bits which is partly why it's not suitable for the youngsters).  And drama (a trainload of it).  This book was highly recommended to me by two of my classmates from my YA Lit class and I must say they did not lead me astray.  Well-written, engaging, and just plain fun to read, Sara Gruen had me on the edge of my seat the whole way.  I've always been fascinated by the culture of circuses and this has just fueled that fire even more.

Of course, now that I've finished this book I remembered that I was 3/4 of the way through A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking and I owe it to science to finish it up.  Sooooo that's what I'm going to do while I wait on my library hold for Parade's End by Ford Madox Ford (now that is a fun name).  I'll let you guys know the verdict just as soon as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment