April 5, 2013

What is 'chick lit' anyway?

My bestie knows me well.  Where the Heart Is was a wonderful read.  Heartwarming, quirky, dramatic, and romantic.  This book is pretty much the equivalent of a "chick flick".  If you've seen the film and enjoyed it, you'll absolutely love the novel.  In fact, knowing what's going to happen (or in my case vaguely remembering) won't spoil a thing because the writing is done in such a way that you feel compelled to keep turning the pages.  If you're looking for a book with a lot of heart (pun completely intended), this book is ideal for you.

I've discovered over the last couple of years that I'm a sucker for a book that really delivers on the "epic romance" trope.  I'm hoping this next book won't disappoint in that arena.  Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion is about a zombie that falls in love. A zombie!  In love!  This book can either be amazingly awesome or it could be absolutely atrocious.  I'm going to take the bullet for the team and find out.

Until next time, keep reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment