April 10, 2013

Shifting Gears

There are some books that you start reading and you just know that you're going to love it pretty much from the very beginning. Warm Bodies was that type of book for me. If you'll notice, this update is coming pretty hard on the heels of the last one because I devoured it (actually I would have been done sooner but I didn't want it to end).  This book isn't so much a fantasy story about zombies. I mean, there are LOADS of zombies but it's more than that. It's a commentary on our world and the consequences of our actions on this planet. It's about hope and never giving up on being the change that makes this world a better place. And it's about zombies.  GO READ IT.

I was at a bit of a loss at first about what I would follow this up with because I was so blown away but then I remembered buying a dusty little copy of The Best Tales of Edgar Allen Poe a few months back. I don't think this needs much explanation. Most people, including myself, are most familiar with "The Raven". I seem to recall reading another short story about a beating heart in the floorboards of an old house. Other than that, I'm woefully lacking in all things Poe. I'll fix that immediately and forthwith.


Note: I'm already trying to figure out how I can get my hands on Isaac Marion's prequel to Warm Bodies which is titled The New Hunger. Pretty sure it's only available through one eBook publisher but where there's a will there's a way!!

Note x2: Why is Warm Bodies categorized as a young adult novel? Is it because the main characters are "young adults"?  That's lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment