August 12, 2013

No shockers here, ladies and gents. I thoroughly enjoyed Ender's Game. What's not to love about apocalyptic earth in a fight with alien enemies with a child as our only hope for survival? I'm super excited to see what the movie will be like now and I'm already plotting how to get a copy of Ender's Shadow which chronicles the life of a secondary character from the book named Bean (which I love by the way). I made the mistake choice to read a portion of this book and I'm hooked. If you're into science fiction with a psychological twist then you'll probably like this one.

Well, as you're all aware I like to jump between genres a lot and so my next choice in reading material probably won't come as much of a surprise. SO MUCH SUSPENSE! Okay, relax yourself. I'm reading Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe. I picked up my copy from a little hole-in-the-wall bookstore that specializes in mysteries, thrillers, classics, and out of print materials. When I saw this little volume I knew that it had to be mine. I often choose books on how they smell. The mustier the better in my opinion. If you're unfamiliar with this particular classic let me fill you in. It's the story of a woman named (gasp!) Moll Flanders who let's say is a creature of the night. It was used as a moral tale but not the way you're thinking. Generally, it's YOU SIN AND YOU REAP THE CONSEQUENCES. This is more like YOU SIN AND REPENT AND YAY. Or so says the dust jacket. I'll read it and let you know if I was right.

I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday night and that above all you're reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment