May 20, 2021

The Odd Couple but with the power of miracles

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett has been around for quite some time but for some reason I never picked it up which considering my enjoyment in other Gaiman works is a real surprise. But I watched the TV series and had to immediately grab a copy of the book from the library. The copy that I had included information about how Gaiman and Pratchett collaborated with one another to create this book as well as the two of them talking about each other. [A/N: I will say that I think if you haven't embarked on either of these journeys it would be better to read the book and then watch the series because they align pretty darn closely with one another.]

The basic premise is that the world is coming to an end because the Antichrist is coming into his powers. The inhabitants of Heaven and Hell are pretty stoked about this because The Great War will determine the ultimate winner. There are only 2 beings that aren't quite so thrilled and that's Aziraphale (Angel) and Crowley (Demon) because they know that the Apocalypse spells the end of the earth and all of the wonders therein. The real charm of this book are these two principal characters and their Odd Couple friendship (some really excellent dialogue which is super funny). I used to count fantasy as my favorite genre and reading books like this reminds me why I used to almost exclusively read from this genre. It's so much fun! 10/10

Bonus: amazing footnotes which reminded me of my reading experience with Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.


Source: ebay.com

What I'm currently reading: Scarlet Witch: Volume 1 by James Robinson

**If you're interested in buying any of these books or any books really, you can click here. This will re-direct you to AbeBooks which is a site I use all of the time to find used books at an excellent price. A lot of the time I don't even pay for shipping! Full disclosure: I will receive a commission on all sales made through this link. You will not be charged anything additional for my commission. I wouldn't recommend a site that I didn't use and you are under no obligation to purchase anything. :-) **

No comments:

Post a Comment