January 1, 2020

2019 Book Roundup

Hi there, friends! It's time to put together the list of the books that I read in 2019. I really thought I would break the cycle and get all of my reviews finished before the end of the year but I didn't take into account how much busier my new branch was going to be. [Spoiler alert: It's super busy and my reading really reflects that.] Once again, I'm going to list out the rereads and I'll try to get another post out about the books that I did not finish (DNF) of which there are quite a few (if I can remember their titles). Without further ado, here's the list!
  1. My Side of the Mountain
  2. Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye
  3. The Library Book
  4. Warren the 13th and the Whispering Woods
  5. Elfquest Archives: Volume 3
  6. Strange Magic
  7. The Thirteenth Tale
  8. I'll Be Gone in the Dark
  9. New Kid
  10. Remember, Remember
  11. Notes from a Small Island
  12. HiLo Book 5: Then Everything Went Wrong
  13. Once Upon a River
  14. Elfquest Archives: Volume 4
  15. Three Things About Elsie
  16. Adulthood is a Myth
  17. Big Mushy Happy Lump
  18. Herding Cats
  19. Excellent Books for Early and Eager Readers
  20. The Dreamers
  21. Dread Nation
  22. The Saturdays
  23. Lumberjanes: Beware the Kitten Holy
  24. Lumberjanes: Friendship to the Max
  25. Lumberjanes: A Terrible Plan
  26. Lumberjanes: Out of Time
  27. Lumberjanes: Band Together
  28. Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie
  29. The Doll People
  30. Redwall
  31. Born to be Posthumous
  32. Toys Go Out
  33. Mirror Mirror: A Book of Reverso Poems
  34. Locomotive
  35. Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder
  36. The Right Word
  37. The Birthday Ball
  38. The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy
  39. Amphigorey
  40. Amphigorey Again
  41. Amphigorey Too
  42. Ready Player One
  43. A Discovery of Witches
  44. Strange Sight
  45. The Hidden Witch
  46. The Witch Boy
  47. Our Uninvited Guests
  48. Stranger in the House
  49. When the Children Came Home
  50. Jambusters
  51. The Gods Themselves
  52. Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets
  53. Cool Japan Guide
  54. Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates
  55. The Star Diaries
  56. So You Want to Talk About Race 
  57. The Invited 
  58. 5 Worlds Book 3: The Red Maze 
  59. Solaris 
  60. Exhalation 
  61. Will my Cat Eat my Eyeballs?
  62. Disappearing Earth 
  63. The Hunting Party
  64. We Were Killers Once 
  65. The Poet and the Vampyre
  66. It Takes One
  67. The 7th Victim
  68. When Life Gives you Pears (review pending)
  69. Kindness and Wonder (review pending)
  70. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (review pending)
  71. The Toll (review pending)
  72. The Ride of a Lifetime (review pending)
  73. Miss D & Me (review pending)
  74. Fair Play (review pending)
  75. Inside Out (review pending)
  76. Cat Diary: Yon & Muu (review pending)
  77. When I Arrived at the Castle (no review - I just didn't like it)
  78. Cicada (no review - not my favorite by Tan)
And the reread books:
  1. 84, Charing Cross Road
  2. The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil
That brings our total count to: 79 books.

I've once again included the links for the reviews of each of the titles but you can always use the search feature to look up any genre, subject, etc. to find your next book to kick off 2020. :-) Happy New Year!!

**If you're interested in buying any of these books or any books really, you can click here or here. The first will re-direct you to AbeBooks and the second will re-direct you to The Book Depository. These are great websites for purchasing books. Full disclosure: I will receive a commission on all sales made by following either of these links. I wouldn't recommend a site that I didn't use and you are under no obligation to purchase anything. :-) **

No comments:

Post a Comment